Cucumber Dill and Garlic Pickles
· 1 ½ cups distilled vinegar
· ¼ cup sugar
· 4 teaspoons kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
· 2 cups water
· ¾ cup chopped dill
· 3 garlic cloves
· 6 – 8 small cucumbers, halved lengthwise and then sliced into ¼ inch pieces Or another crunchy veggie such as carrots, celery, cauliflower or radishes
1. Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, coriander and water in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until sugar is just dissolved, about 3 – 4 minutes.
2. Place cucumbers, dill and garlic into a jar with a tight-fitting lid or into a bowl.
3. Pour brine over cucumbers until completely submerged.
4. Cover and shake lightly. Place in the refrigerator overnight or for up to one week.
Note: Can be eaten right away, but flavor will be enhanced after 4 - 8 hours.