Updated: 5 days ago
Tuscan Kale & Squash Soup
· 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil · 1 large onion, finely chopped · One 2-pound butternut or a couple of honeynut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 1/2 cups) · 2 garlic cloves, minced · 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary · 1 pound Tuscan kale, stemmed and leaves coarsely chopped · 4 cups vegetable stock · Salt and freshly ground pepper · 1 cup drained canned cannellini beans · Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for serving
1. In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
3. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium so that the broth is only at a simmer.
4. Add the squash and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add beans and cook until warmed through. Add the kale and cook, stirring, until wilted, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Ladle the soup into deep bowls and garnish with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.