Updated: Apr 29, 2020
6 cups rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup pecan pieces
3⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup agave nectar or honey
1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
3⁄4 teaspoon salt
If avoiding nuts substitute:
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup puffed rice
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup flax seeds
¼ cup sunflower seeds
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar. I
3. n a separate bowl, combine agave nectar, oil, and salt.
4. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2-3 sheet pans. C
5. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and cut roughly 3/4-inch chunks OR 3 Cups frozen berries
3⁄4 cups sugar 2 tablespoons salted butter 2 tablespoons orange juice
1. In a medium bowl, mix the rhubarb with the sugar.
2. In a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter has melted, add the rhubarb and sugar mixture and the orange juice. Allow to cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes. Then gently stir and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is tender and beginning to fall apart and its juices are thick, 10 to 15 minutes. For a thicker jam, keep cooking for up to an additional 40 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.