for the fritters
3 medium potatoes
1 can tuna
handful of parsley leaves
salt and pepper
1/2 cup flour (any kind)
vegetable oil for frying
for he sauce
1 jalapeno pepper, optional
4-6 garlic cloves
1-2 tablespoons capers, optional
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. boil together with the onion for 15 minutes until soft, but not falling apart. Let cool.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. half the tomatoes and the peppers, place on a sheet pan facing down and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. peel and grate the carrots. chop the parsley. Place both in bowl, and add tuna. Break up the tuna and mix with carrot and parsley.
4. Chop the potatoes and onion finely and add to tuna mixture. using your hands, mix the ingredients well until well combined.
5. Place flour in a large plate. with wet hands, take a handful of veggie and tuna mixture and create oval shaped fritters. Continue until you've used the whole mixture. roll each fritter in the flour and place on a large plate or platter.
6. crack the gas into a bowl, and set beside the fritters.
7. Pour about 1/2 cup oil into a large frying pan, and set on a medium high stove.
8. when the oil has warmed up, dip each fritter into the egg, and fry in the pan for 2 minutes on each side. Line a platter with paper towel and remove fritters from pan to absorb oil.
9. Remove tomatoes and peppers from the oven. let cool, and peel off the skin. Place in food processor together with fresh garlic, capers, lemon juice and olive oil and pulse until resulting in a chunky sauce. taste and add salt and pepper.
10. serve fritters warm, at room temperature or cold together with the dipping sauce.