5 -6 medium to large potatoes (Yukon gold or red work best) or 4-5 cups fingerling or small potatoes. If you are short on cooking time, you may decide to boil the potatoes ahead of time.
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ teaspoon powdered sage (optional) - optional
½ teaspoon dried thyme (optional) - optional
2-3 cloves garlic, minced - optional
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Have kids help transfer chopped potatoes to baking sheet and spread them evenly so each one is touching the sheet.
3. Show children how to dip pastry brush into olive oil and paint each potato.
4. When the potatoes are covered with olive oil, have your children sprinkle salt and spices onto the potatoes. Don’t worry if they end up dumping it all in one spot.
5. With your hands (and you can get kids in there too), mix the potatoes and herbs and re-spread them onto the sheet.
6. Put the sheet in the oven and cook for about 30-40 minutes or until they are tender and browned.